With the Dedication of our new East Wing, we have literally built an extraordinary legacy for our congregation and our community. The $8.8 Million, completed and furnished, state-of-the-art, 38,000 sq. ft. East Wing of the main church building is housing a 1000-seat sanctuary, a two-story administration wing, and a commercial kitchen and “fellowteria.” The fellowteria serves as both fellowship-banquet hall for the congregation and community, and a cafeteria-assembly area for COSLA. COSLA also enjoys six new classrooms in the new wing, along with shared music and dance practice, and meeting facilities, when totally finished.
This marvelously designed structure serves as an impressive architectural statement of the very renaissance of South Memphis, and of our determination to play a critical role in the reinvestment into the lives of its old and new residents. Our New Worship and Ministry Center is also a dramatic beacon of light upon the services we provide; both to people who are hurting and to those who can heal those hurts. The building is a very prominent symbol of the faith-based works which are occurring within its walls. Its façade - which has been interpreted as portraying a “crown”, or the “sails” of a conqueror’s ship – symbolically reflects that God’s Kingdom is coming to our community!
“Faith without works is dead...” “Thy
Our faith - Our works… Our works - change lives.
More space - more works… More works - more lives are changed!
As more lives are changed… God’s Kingdom comes!
Indeed, we simply believe that for our Pastors, St. Andrew, South Memphis, The City, The County and… the coming of God’s Kingdom - THE BEST IS YET TO COME!